Add more than one production location to your account. Work with multiple factories or set up virtual factories at your subcontractors. Deliver materials between factories to make a whole manufacturing supply chain. Deliver some products from one factory and other products from a different factory, even when combined onto a single sales orders. At a larger scale consider grouping factories into different business units using the “Mulitple Business Units” Extension.
- Expand your manufacturing to multiple locations.
- Set up supply chains with subcontractors.
- Deliver from multiple manufacturing locations, even in the same sales order.
- Ensure that the “Multiple Production Locations” extension is licensed on your account.
- In the Partner section, create a new partner record for the new factory. If the partner is already a stock location use that. On the Grouping tab, mark it as a production location.
- Set up route templates for any manufacturing that is to be done in the new location. This is in the Factory set up section.