Our May 2018 update includes a welcome new feature: Multilanguage item descriptions and extended item descriptions. Read more below about this and other new features.
It is now possible to specify item descriptions in any one of ten different “customer facing” languages. These will be used on customer reports such as order confirmations and invoices. In addition it is possible to enter a long description which is optionally showed on order confirmations. The long description is 4000 characters. The existing description is 200.
The descriptions are entered on the item card on a new “Description” tab. If you update the description in your system language (English) then this is what is shown on the screen.
Expected costs on sales orders
There are now 5 fields on a sales order line for “Expected costs”. These can be used if you wish to record the cost of making or suppling an item as you see it at the time of order entry. The five fields are for each of the different item types, materials, work time, machine time, subcontract and other. The use of these fields is optional but provide a clear way to record costs perhaps obtained from a third party tool such as a cad system.
There is a new end point for sales dispatches (shipments).
Other minor items
- The operator comments field on the work cell screen has been extended from 100 to 4000 characters.
- The inventory transaction report now includes the rough cut unit of measure.
- Purchase orders now support user set themes, rather than just from the delivery address. So themes can be used on drop shipment orders.
- On a sales order back to back order information can be set for all lines in one button click. This is useful if sales orders have been uploaded via excel.
- When creating a new work order, planned work orders can be displayed for just a certain location. This is based on the location of the first cell of the route of the product.
- When adding lines to a purchase order using the Add line popup, it will now default to having a filter for the supplier, assuming that the supplier is selected on the header, and also the location of the current user. To see all planned purchases then clear these two fields from the filter and press retrieve. When the line is added and also the supplier has previously been selected, it will no longer add the manufacturer part number marked as preferred if this is not linked to the supplier rather it will take the first manufacturer part number for the selected supplier even if it is not marked as preferred.
There are also a range of minor bug fixes included. If you have reported an issue in a ticket then you will get an update to this ticket over the next few days.
For any questions or queries, please contact us through the support link in the program.