Use barcode readers to do a number of different data entry actions when handling work orders. For instance step completion, work time recording or material issue.
- Automates process flows in manufacturing.
- Saves data entry time.
- License the extension from the Admin menu.
- Evaluate the different uses of barcodes to automate your manufacturing process flows. Document your process.
- Print out the necessary barcode reports, or create your own barcodes in an external program such as Excel or from a specialized barcode label printer.
- Procure barcode readers. Best are the USB laser scan types.
The system supports a variety of barcode commands. Bar codes can be used for the following:
- Step start pause completion on multistep routing.
- Record material usage to work orders.
- Record work time to work orders.
- Print out production related labels at a certain point in production.
- Clock-in and clock-out for operators.
- Receive materials from purchases.
- Miscellaneous data entry in various places such as recording serial numbers to work orders.