Setting up Multi Company in Manu Online #
After a Manu Online account is created, there is one default value for each level in the hierarchy of the system used for Multi Company (Regions – Companies – Business Units – Themes). To set up Multi Company, add the second and subsequent companies. It is best to first create a diagram (for instance in PowerPoint or Visio) that descibes your own business in the hierachy Manu Online logical hierachy.
Because Manu Online uses default values in many places, it is recommended that if possble the chart of accounts in the financial system of each company is the same or at least similar for sales and purchase accounts.
- Licensing – Check that the Multi Company option is licensed on your system in Admin – Licensing
- Regions – Review and create regions. Admin – System settings – Regions
- Countries – Check that all the countries needed by the business are set as ‘In use’ so that they are displayed throughout the system. Admin – System settings
- Currency codes – Check that all the needed currency codes are defined. Admin – System settings – Currencies
- Partners – Create partners for your own companies’ stock locations, any external stock locations and possibly additional themes. Record the short name or partner ids for entering later into system settings. Sales – Partners.
- Companies – Create the list of companies in your business including their home currencies. At some time determing the correct next invoices numbers for each company to sync in with your accounts system.
- Business units & themes – Creating a company will automatically create a business unit and theme under it. Update business units and themes with the correct information. (Scheduling Address should be witihin the company, but can be in a different BU.)
- User rights – For each user determine which is their default location and set their rights at either system, company or business unit level.
- Bookkeeping connections – Connect each company to their bookkeeping systems and import their chart of accounts.
- Set default accounts at company level – Go back to Admin – Companies and set the default sales and purchase accounts Admin – System Settings – Companies – Details
- Partner’s default business unit – Each partner has a “Default business unit” Setting this configures the values of other settings on the partner card. For instance if a partner has a default business unit of “UK Sales” then the default sales accounts will be listed from the UK company which is the parent of UK sales. While sales and purchases can be made to any partner, in practice a certain customer will normally only be served by one business unit so the default values can be set.