- Set up
- Items and partners when starting up
- Using the Procountor connection
- Sales invoice payment
The Procountor bookkeeping connection has the following features:
On the bookkeeping connection screen
- Import chart of accounts. Do this at start up to get accounts and tax code data set up in Manu Online. If you add new bookkeeping accounts in Procountor that need to be used for sales and purchase, then you can do this again
- Import partners. At start up or if you add new partners to Procountor later. We recommend that you only add new partners to Manu Online, then they will synchronised with Procountor automatically. Avoid adding partners manually to both systems as they will end up being duplicated in both systems.
- Import items. At start up or if you add new itesm to Procountor later. We recommend that you only add new items to Manu Online, then they will synchronised with Procountor when sales invoices are exported. Avoid adding items manually to both systems as they will end up being duplicated in both systems.
- Import purchase invoices. This imports all invoices to Manu Online where the partner has an open purchase order/receipt.
On the Partner card
- Saving the partner exports the partner to Procountor. If the partner is new, then a new one is created in Procountor. If it exists already then the old one is updated. For the system to know if it is an old one, then the partner must have been originally imported from Procountor, or previously exported by saving when the Manu Online account was correctly connected to Procountor. Note that Procountor keeps different registers for Customers and Suppliers and it is not possible to have both sales and purchase invoices entered against the same partner. Ensure that you mark each partner as either Customer or Supplier. If there are neither of these are checked then the partner will default to be entered to the supplier register in Procountor.
On the item card
- Items are included with sales invoice when they are exported. Note that item descriptions will be truncated to 100 characters.
On sales invoices
- On sales invoice activation, the invoice number is set as the next invoice number from Procountor (not from Manu Online system settings) and the sales invoice is exported to Procountor. When setting up the system for the first time, make sure that you set the next invoice number in Procountor to be at least one bigger than your last invoice in Manu Online.
On Purchase invoices
For purchase invoices that are imported from Procountor (recommended), when it is activated, the purchase invoice in Procountor is marked as checked and a comment entered for this. Importing purchase invoices will only bring in those invoices that have a valid supplier in Manu. The supplier that is selected for the invoice in Procountor must be linked to one on Manu or have the same business id. It must also have a status of Active.
Set up #
Ensure that when your account was created that you selected Procountor as the bookkeeping program that will be used in conjunction with your Manu Online account. If you need to change this after creation then contact Manu Online (there maybe a charge for system analyst work if it is changed after account creation).
Set up the connection to Procountor #
Go to Invoicing – Bookkeeping connection and click the word “Procountor
Press the Connect button. This will open a popup window in Procountor for you to enter your Procountor credentials. If your credentials are not valid, contact Procountor support. Then select your company name from the drop down list and Sign in.
After you have successfully connnected, there will be a popup screen confirming this. Close the popup and you will have the following.
If you have not imported the charrt of accounts, or have added new accounts in Procountor, then press Import chart of accounts.
Do not disconnect the connection if you want to export sales invoices. If the connection becomes disconnected for any reason, make the connection again here.
Set the sales and purchase account usage and their tax codes in the chart of accounts. #
Go to Admin – System settings and click Chart of accounts to open the account selector. Type in the account number that you wish to use for instance for sales.
Mark the check box for Sales, and select a suitable tax code that will give the default tax rate for this account. (On each invoice it will be possible to change this, but set a default here). Save the screen and repeat for all sales and purchase accounts. Also select one or two accounts for VAT payable and VAT receivable. These are not transferred to Procountor but are needed for data integrety of the invoices.
Set your IBAN bank account number in your own company data. #
In system settings, check the partner numbers of any themes that you will use. By default there will only be one and it will use partner number 1
Go to Sales – Partners and open company 1. The name will be the short name of your own company. Set the Account number in IBAN format to be the same as you have in Procountor. If the account numbers are different then Procountor will not accept sales invoices. Only one account can be used.
The next sales invoice number will come from Procountor, so ensure that there is no clash with any numbers you may already have in Manu Online.
Review the setting in Procountor to automatically create customer records. We recommend that this is used. It means that new customers will be created when an invoice to a new customer is created.
Make sure that at least one account in the chart of accounts is marked as a “Payable” account. Although this information is not needed by the Procountor connection, it is needed when activating purchase invoices.
Procountor has a feature to automatically create new suppliers when invoices arrive using their electronic invoice channel. Ensure this is switched off to avoid duplicate supplier records. This is done in the company settings of Procountor.
Items and partners when starting up #
When starting to use the system, it is best to avoid having duplicated partners or items in either system.
There are three cases:
- The Procountor account is new and Manu Online has data. – Do not add any items or partners to Procountor. They will be created automatically as you use Manu Online.
- Procountor account has data and Manu Online is new. Use the import button on the bookkeeping connections screen to import items and partners. After the import, go to each partner for whom you do not want purchase invoices imported and set them as Inactive. I.e. do this for your phone bill etc. that is not relevant for Manu Online purchase order processing.
- Both systems have data. Before using the systems connected it is important to do the following actions.
- Partners: For each partner in Procountor that exists in Manu Online, enter the partner id to the customer number field in Procountor. If the contact in Procountor is not in Manu Online you do not need to enter any numbers. When the two systems are connected then first import partners from Procountor. This will create mapping between partners that are in both systems and import any that are not mapped.
- Ensure that Procountor has the next invoice number set to be the same as Manu Online next invoice number
- Chart of accounts: Contact Manu Online support for further advice. Your data will need manual migration. We need to know which sales and purchase accounts are in use.
- Contact Manu Online support for further advice. Your data will need manual migration. In this case the existing partners need to be imported to Manu Online to get their “mapping” numbers into the system. Then the mapping numbers need to be reallocated to the existing Manu Online partners. Finally the newly imported partners are deleted.
Do not use in any circumstances either system’s Excel transfer facilities. This will lead to duplication of records. Do not connect both systems and use them before the above has been done.
Using the Procountor connection #
Each time a partner is saved in Manu Online, it will be created or updated in Procountor. On the Groupings tab, ensure that either Is customer or Is supplier is checked so that the partner gets the correct type in Procountor. If neither are checked then it will default to Supplier.
Sales invoices #
A sales invoices will be exported to Procountor when it is activated. There is no other action needed to transfer data to Procountor. If the export to Procountor fails the invoice will not be activated. In this case check any error messages, try to fix the data and try the activation again.
Notes about the transfer:
- After the invoice has been transferred, Procountor will give it the invoice number and the payment reference number. It is not possible to set the number in Manu Online. If you have existing invoices in Manu Online when you start to use Procountor, then ensure that there is no risk of a clash of invoice numbers.
- The delivery address of the invoice will be set as the delivery address of the first line’s delivery.
- The item code and description will be used in the product line in Procountor. It is not possible to link items in Manu Online to product codes in Procountor
- If a new customer is used, then Procountor may or may not create a new customer record. There is a setting for this in Procountor. If a customer record is not created, then the address will be stored as part of the invoice data.
- Information about a delivery (sales order number, customer PO Nbr, Customer reference, dispatch number and dispatch date will be included in line comments for every line. This is so that combined invoice in Manu Online can be used.
- It is possible to have an invoice line without an item id.
- If the invoice is a credit invoice, the quantity of each line will be set as negative.
- Some data displayed on a Manu Online invoice will not be available in Procountor. This included details of the deliver and also the list of serial numbers of sent products.
Important: after exporting invoices to Procountor, the invoice need to be approved and/or sent to the customer from Procountor. The invoice has a status of Unfinished
After the invoice is activated and successfully exported, both Manu Online and Procountor will have the same invoice with the same invoice number and payment reference. Either invoice can be sent to the customer.
If you make a new version of the invoice in Manu Online, this will not be exported to Procountor. So make the same changes in both systems. First check that the invoice is in a state that it can be edited in Procountor.
Sales invoice payment #
Go to the bookkeeping connection screen for Procountor. Press Import sales payments. This will update Manu Online with payment information from Procountor. The status of each invoice will be changed to Paid or Part paid. This information is needed if credit checking is in use. Credit checking can be made at sales order entry and sales dispatch.
Purchase invoices #
Go to the bookkeeping screen for Procountor. Press import purchase invoices. This will import purchase invoices from Procountor after the last import time. After the purchase invoice is activated in Manu Online, it will add a reviewer’s comment to the invoice in Procountor.
Only invoices that have a status of “Received” or “Unfinished” in Procountor will be imported. Also the partner must exist in Manu already and have a status of Active. (So to avoid importing purchase invoices from a certain company, set it to In active in the partner card.)